Labnol Earnings - How much money do I make from AdSense?

Recently, a lot of people have asked me about how much I earn from this blog and what kind of traffic do I get. The frequency of such questions increased exponentially following the ban of Indian blogs, which in a way, helped in raising blog awareness in India.

Maybe, their interest in my web income and site stats stems from the fact that I quit my job with a software company to become a full time blogger.

Before I discuss my figures and stats, let me share an interesting related story published today on Washington Post that talks about a few websites making a fortune with Adsense:

» Andrew Leyden of PodcastDirectory.com receives nearly a million hits and makes around $30,000 to $40,000.

» Freeweblayouts.net owners make $100,000 a month from a site that provides readymade web design templates for MySpace.com

» SeatGuru sites gets 700,000 visitors a month and makes about $10,000 to $20,000 a month from Adsense alone.

OK, back to my numbers. I am not very comfortable revealing the exact earnings data in public but still I will try to share whatever possible.

Update: Please see my latest web stats. I also got this car from blogging.

» Digital Inspiration blog gets around 1.25 million hits per month with a majority originating from Google followed by direct traffic (like bookmarks, rss feeds, etc)

» The maximum site traffic comes from four countries - US, India, UK and Australia (in the same order)

» A majority of monthly income is from Google AdSense but I do make some extra money from direct advertising, IDG and BlogAds. (see the official AdSense Blog)

» Firefox referrals have also been a good source of revenue though I did not have much success with Picasa software. I never tried Adsense or Adwords referrals.

» While it may be tough for me to write down the actual Adsense earnings data here, you can make some good guesses from the WashingtonPost story mentioned above.

» Alexa Traffic Rank for this blog is ~2,000.

» Google Blogger Team added Digital Inspiration to Blogs of Note on July 25, 2006.